Zangetsu’s Labyrinth Confirmed for English Release in the West
Posted on Aug 16, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch
According to various retail listings, Labyrinth of Zangetsu will receive an English release in the west. PQube will localize the game and it will launch in North America and Europe in Q1 2023.
Labyrinth of Zangetsu was first announced for Switch in January 2021. The game will debut in September in Japan.
Here is an overview of the game with more details:
Zangetsu’s Labyrinth is coming to PC and consoles!
Set in the Ido period, the world has darkened under the disaster of the ink of ruin. Hire a team of skilled warriors to venture deep into the unclean labyrinths to conquer the ink plaguing the land. Will you return unscathed and free the earth from this taint? Dangerous yokai await you inside!
- Uniquely illustrated visuals in a hand drawn jet black ink brushstroke that is very reminiscent of traditional Japanese calligraphy.
- Six playable heroes pre-programmed into the game, but there is also an option to create/build your own hero with unique individual stats and abilities.
- Scary enemies based on traditional Japanese folklore and Yokai (ghosts, ghouls and demons).
- Turn-based battles with various ink beasts in the most dangerous areas. Three “front” figures to engage and attack and three “rear” figures to defend and parry.
- Engaging storytelling and overarching story to enjoy your gameplay successes and also reflect on your losses.
- Immersive and atmospheric music based on various traditional Japanese music as you play to create an engaging story.
PQube will distribute Labyrinth of Zangetsu both physically and digitally. In case you missed it, we have the first trailer here.